Sunday, April 17, 2011

Being A Software Engineer


When I was a child,in front of my house a person was staying who was doing his engineering from a college in the capital city. He used to come in holidays.He had a plan of becoming a software engineer and going abroad. I heard a lot of stories regarding software engineers. I got a picture of heavenly life for them. After completion of his engineering he was happy living.Then I mad my mind to become a software engineer and earn a lot of money as I was very much interested in money.

Years passed. Now I am a software engineer.I go to office at 10:00 AM and come back by 5:00 PM.I heard that software people have a lot of work. But I don't have much work.I get a good salary. I spend as I like.No one is there to give me deadlines or scold me for my bugs. This is what I wanted. But I am not happy.I have money to spend but not happiness. Holidays come and go. I don't know what to do.Very few friends around.You may go for shoping or for a lunch or dinner with friends or may visit some place.At the end of the day no happiness.Even some times I get frustrated. Why so??Once I wanted this life but I am hating it now. Who is responsible for this. Is this life style really sucks or I am not able to find happiness in it?

2 comments:

  1. do some thing which makes you happy.. Dont try to find all your happiness at work place.. You can always find happiness in things which you want to do except this... May it be horse riding, playing games, creating good programs... etc...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Khushboo for ur suggestion. I love travelling. I do that but doesn't happen frequently.

    ReplyDelete